Make a difference in your community
Our workshop pairs artists with businesses owners to develop a small-scale project that impacts the community they live, work and play in. Artists will also receive professional development prior to the workshop to help activate project ideas. We are currently looking for artists and business owners in the Northside and the Hilltop neighborhoods (Allentown, Knoxville, Beltzhoover).
“We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams…we are the movers and shakers of the World for ever, it seems”-Arthur O’Shaughnessy
What’s in it for the Artist/Arts Organization?
- 6 weekly* intensive artist business development training sessions utilizing the MODE curriculum
- Strategic & business plan assistance for a community-focused project inspired by youth interests
- Learn to engage with community on local issues that matter
- Create cross sector partnerships
- Build a portfolio of socially relevant work
- Community-focused creative organizations & artists
- Must be able to attend all 6 sessions* of the Development Training & the 1-day Community project workshop
- Must participate in community project
- Northside: Thursdays, 1-3pm.Woods Run Carnegie Library. New start: Feb 2, Feb 9, Feb 16, Feb 23 March 2 & 9. Business Owner/Artist Workshop TBA. Final Presentation TBA.
- Hilltop: Fridays, 10am -noon. Black Unicorn Project
Reading Room 732 E. Warrington Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15210.Feb 3,10,17,24 March 3,10
New Sun Rising believes that helping to activate the full potential of your creative expression, we can build thriving communities. This catalytic process is made possible by inspired and driven visionaries, like yourself, who dream of what’s possible and are passionate about making it happen. We’re building an engaged, diverse, and cooperative local ecosystem which results in solutions that improve the societal, environmental, and cultural fabric of where you live, work, and play. In short, we help dreamers of dreams become the movers and shakers of their community… and perhaps the World.
New Sun Rising: Arts MODE works with:
- Individual artists & arts organizations
- Communities and co-working spaces seeking to activate community around a shared vision
Arts MODE pods are currently forming to activate communities in Pittsburgh with fresh voices in community development. We encourage arts leaders and businesses to apply who are seeking to solve community issues, develop small-scale, easily deployable (2 month timeline) community projects involving youth.
We recognize that introducing new solutions to change your neighborhood requires heavy lifting.
New Sun Rising: Artist as Resident was developed to help view issues from a creative way.
Artists as Residents funded in part by the McKinney Charitable Foundation at the PNC Charitable Trust Grant Review Committee.