Getting Started with Comprehensive Fiscal Sponsorship
Managing Comprehensive Projects
Remember that New Sun Rising is not a lawyer nor an accountant. We recommend consulting with both for your project.
You should have signed your agreement at this point.
As a Comprehensive Fiscally Sponsored Project of New Sun Rising, your project is not legally an entity. If you have already registered this project or organization with the State of PA and/or IRS, you will be required to file taxes and should follow the Pre-approved Grant Relationship manual found on the main policy page.
Included in the Fiscal Sponsorship fee for Comprehensive Fiscal Sponsorship:
- Nonprofit Status: NSR receives charitable donations, fees, and grants on behalf of the project not available to individuals or organizations that do not have a 501(c)(3)
- Operational support- financial management, payment to vendors and contractors, compliance
- Project relationship- monthly contact with New Sun Rising Fiscal Sponsorship staff, open office hours and networking events.
- Fiduciary Support from NSR’s Board of Directors
In other words, we act as part of your project’s or organization’s finance, development, and operational team to help you succeed.
After New Sun Rising receives the yearly membership fee, we will send you:
- A NSR logo to use for any publicity associated with your project. You should also add ‘A project of New Sun Rising’ to your materials.
- A link to your profile on NSR’s website with an online donation form for your supporters
- Open Office Hours: First Tuesday of each month at NSR headquarters 6-8pm. Check our calendar for most up to date info. (reserve at email@example.com)
- by New Sun Rising Support
- February 16, 2018 @ 12:24:10 by jamie johnson