Getting Started with Pre-approved Fiscal Sponsorship
Managing Pre-approved Projects
Remember that New Sun Rising is not a lawyer nor an accountant. We recommend consulting with both for your project.
You should have signed your agreement at this point.
We recommend opening a bank account separate from your personal that may currently exist. If you have already registered this project or organization with the State of PA and/or IRS, you will be required to file taxes and hold your own liability insurance. If you have not registered this project or organization with the State of PA and/or IRS, your project is not legally an entity and you should follow the Pre-approved Grant Relationship Manual found on the main policy page.
Included in the Fiscal Sponsorship fee for Pre-approved Grant Relationship Fiscal Sponsorship:
- Nonprofit Status: NSR receives charitable donations, fees, and grants on behalf of the project not available to individuals or organizations that do not have a 501(c)(3)
- Project relationship- monthly contact with New Sun Rising Fiscal Sponsorship staff
- Fiduciary Support from NSR’s Board of Directors
In other words, we act as part of your project’s or organization’s finance, development, and operational team to help you succeed. Pre-approved Grant Relationship Fiscal Sponsored projects will receive 1 check per cycle made payable to the business name on file.
After New Sun Rising receives the yearly membership fee, we will send you:
- A NSR logo to use for any publicity associated with your project. You should also add ‘A project of New Sun Rising’ to your materials.
- A link to your profile on NSR’s website with an online donation form for your supporters
- Open Office Hours: The first non-holiday Tuesday of each month from 6-8pm (reserve at email@example.com)