As a small organization, we count on you to be the face of your project. Because of this, you should know that:
We are your fiscal sponsor, and the grantmaker may ask for New Sun Rising’s EIN, Board List , a copy of the 501(c)(3) designation letter or more. Forms are located in the resources at the end of this manual
- Your main contact is: Daniel Stiker, Director Cuture + Operations firstname.lastname@example.org 412-983-1993
- New Sun Rising’s Executive Director: Scott Wolovich email@example.com
- Requesting Applicant Name: New Sun Rising
- If they request an project name or project : <Project name>, a project of New Sun Rising
- If they request a project leader: <your name>
- New Sun Rising (firstname.lastname@example.org) MUST review all proposals and grant reports seeking funding at least 1 week prior to submission. Under 7 days may result in a rush fee of $75.
- New Sun Rising will check for errors/omissions as is pertains to NSR information, offer modest recommendations, or may recommend seeking a professional grant writer. NSR is not responsible for the content of any materials and has the right to prohibit use of any materials for any reason.
- You should know that donation for services (including rent) is NOT considered Tax-deductible by the IRS. (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p526.pdf)
- Advertising income is generally taxable, even when it is received by a 501(c)(3). Corporate sponsorship payments are generally tax deductible and the income is tax exempt when received by New Sun Rising.
You, as project leader, are responsible for the fundraising for your project. This could include donations, grants, admission fees, and fees for service.
We are currently registered or permitted in the following states to fundraise:
- South Dakota
- Idaho (restriction on Telephone soliciting)
If you are to solicit funds in another state, additional fees to set-up that registration will be assessed. (fees are determined based on state requirements). See https://www.harborcompliance.com/information/charitable-registration for more information
In person donations/event income square reader:
You can accept in person donations by using a square reader. After receiving your own square reader and downloading the app : www.squareup.com , email email@example.com with the phone number or email you are using the app with. We will activate within 3 business days. You will receive a DEVICE CODE to enter into your app(must activate within 2 days). Then, sign in as a guest! Please email us that you are using the reader/app on a particular day. Fee: NSR admin fee+ Square fee ( in person currently 2.75%).