Equity Initiatives + Resources
Empowering citizens through conversation, project development + education with their community
New Sun Rising includes citizen stakeholders to inform our process, develop solutions, and directly benefit from our work with communities. By empowering people through Equity Cafe conversations, grass-roots project support, or including residents to determine and select MODE incubator participants, we intentionally embed Equity in all facets of our work.
In 2016, a ‘Path to an All-In Pittsburgh’ was created with the insight of over 200 community leaders. Special thanks to PolicyLink for facilitating the core group of Neighborhood Allies, Urban Innovation 21, and UrbanKind Institute to generate this Equitable Development Agenda:
- Raising the Bar for New Development
- Make All Neighborhoods Healthy Communities of Opportunity,
- Expand Employment and Business Ownership Opportunities
- Embed Racial Equity Throughout Pittsburgh’s Institutions and Businesses, and
- Build Community Power, Voice, and Capacity.
Read on to access the full report and learn more about NSR’s Equity initiatives + resources.