Fiscal sponsorship provides access to restricted funding, grants, tax-deductible donations, and other valuable project management benefits
For small, early stage, or innovative nonprofits with limited capacity, fiscal sponsorship allows leaders to focus on project design and implementation while we take care of compliance. The ability to test new projects in a supportive, trusting relationship is an important aspect of any social innovation ecosystem. New Sun Rising seeks to reduce friction between the work required to manage your funds and implement your idea.
In addition to the traditional fiscal sponsorship benefits of 501(c)(3) status, New Sun Rising offers capacity building, mentoring, grant application support, strategic networking, consideration of funding options, and advocacy for your project.
As a member in our fiscal sponsorship program, you will…
- Become a project of New Sun Rising’s 501(c)(3) status with the ability to accept grants and donations
- Receive grant application support, donation and grant processing, and tax document compliance
- Attend advising sessions with staff through open office hours
- Utilize our Budget Management System technology for ease of fund requests, distribution, and tracking
- Access to payroll services, liability insurance, consulting, bridge loans, and more (additional fees may apply)
Please read the sections below prior to selecting the “Apply for Fiscal Sponsorship” button. Please know that once you start the application process, we HIGHLY recommend to use the save and continue option often. Simply press the ‘choose to save and continue’ link to save your application for up to 29 days.
Please provide as much detail as necessary. Our Fiscal Sponsorship Committee is looking for well-thought-out plans.
Be sure to have key team resumes and budget ready to attach.