Fiscal sponsorship provides access to restricted funding, grants, tax-deductible donations, and other valuable project management benefits.
Here’s what you get as a member in our fiscal sponsorship program:
- Become a project of New Sun Rising’s 501(c)(3) status to be able to accept grants and donations
- Grant application review, donation and grant processing, and file tax documents
- Advising sessions with staff through open office hours
- Access to payroll services, liability insurance, consulting, discounts, and more (additional fees may apply)
- Access to NSR’s capacity building, grant, award, and loan programs (additional fees/application may apply)
- Focus on running your project while we take care of compliance
NSR strongly feels that execution and ownership for the vision of your project should be yours. We enhance the traditional fiscal sponsorship model, including the benefits of 501(c)(3) status, by providing added value to our fiscally sponsored projects. We offer mentoring programs, workshops, assistance with nonprofit organizational development, grant applications, strategic networking, consideration of funding options, advocacy for your project, and logistical resources and support.
Please read the sections below prior to selecting the “Apply for Fiscal Sponsorship” button. Please know that once you start the application process, we HIGHLY recommend to use the save and continue option often. Simply press the ‘choose to save and continue’ link to save your application for up to 29 days.
Please provide as much detail as neccessary. Our Board is looking for well-thought out plans.
Be sure to have key team resumes, and budget ready to attach.