We are excited to grow the New Sun Rising team through the addition of an Office Administrator. Please review the position information and qualifications to see if you or someone you know may be a good fit to help us to fulfill our mission of building vibrant communities.
The Office Administrator is responsible for organizing, recording, and tracking information for the overall organization and specific departmental needs of New Sun Rising. The position also includes financial processing, serving as a public point of contact, event planning, and meeting setup and support. The position may be part time with the possibility of becoming full time with benefits, with salary to be determined by experience and role.
New Sun Rising is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that develops ecosystems of people and organizations which create economic opportunity, solve social challenges, and strengthen the vibrancy of places. We implement programs which train, resource, connect, and activate neighborhood-scale change, focusing on underserved communities and how equitable growth strategies can be utilized for economic and social development.
Through our Vibrant Communities Framework, we implement programs and services to help small businesses, nonprofits, and collaboratives to ignite, launch, and grow their impact. The Office Administrator position will support and contribute to the effective operations and processes of initiatives at all levels of the organization.
New Sun Rising believes that Vibrant Communities are built upon the foundations of Equity, Innovation, and Place-based approaches. We create impacts in Culture, Sustainability, and Opportunity through accessible Planning, Connectivity, and Resources, in order to establish an authentic community Identity.
PRIMARY DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative Support
- Contract creation, generation, and processing
- Loan term sheet processing and tracking
- Fiscal Sponsorship member support and auditing
- Program and event content creation, outreach, and implementation support
- Fundraising, event, and donor support
- Email, phone, and mail triage
- Website updates on programs and projects
- Board reports
- Performance Improvement
- Organizing, reviewing, and managing processes, strategies, and systems
- Compliance, including financial and governance
- Survey creation, data collection, and dashboard creation
- Human resource support, including policies and procedures
- Other job-related duties as assigned
The Office Administrator team member will be thoroughly committed to New Sun Rising’s mission, values, and objectives. All candidates should have proven administrative and financial management experience. Ideal candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Related administrative work experience, Bachelor’s Degree preferred (3 years)
- Ability to develop organizational processes to ensure accurate record keeping
- Experience with finances including nonprofit bookkeeping
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including customer service
- Human resource administration or management
- Action-oriented, solution driven, adaptable, and self-directed
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven
Interested candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Brief narrative expressing your interest in the position and how your skills and experience are a good fit for New Sun Rising (1-2 pages)
- Three references