A mentoring workshop to build your business or nonprofit
Do you have an existing business or nonprofit that improves your community? Get mentoring support and connected to resources that can help you succeed during a 2 hour Small Business Workshop. Accepted applicants receive a $150 cash stipend, real time guidance from professional mentors to develop an action plan, and ongoing entrepreneurial resource navigator support. $1500 of additional financial awards will be given at each workshop.
Businesses or Nonprofits who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for one of the following sessions:
Wilkinsburg – July 18: in partnership with Community Forge– all workshop slots filled!
- Hilltop – August 8: in partnership with Fresh Fest and Work Hard Pittsburgh
- Homewood – August 15: in partnership with Bible Center Church, HBBA, Neighborhood Allies
Each 2 hour workshop will be held virtually, focused on strengthening the individual needs of your organization. Mentors will assist leaders to identify immediate steps and resources in the following areas:
- Defining client needs + Communicating your value
- Strengthening financial preparedness + operations
- Identifying program/service pivots related to COVID-19
- Understanding adaptive leadership
The following criteria will be used to select workshop attendees, as reported on the application:
- Operations primarily located in or serving the workshop’s host community
- Legally incorporated and generating income
- Openness to new information and mentor guidance
- Committed to full participation on workshop date/times